Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Dad...and I'm trying to smile...

Today I met my dad at the therapist office for his session. To being the meeting we were asked to set our expectations of the session. I’d like to give myself props for not crying but instead explained (all be in a little of an angry voice) that I was upset over the fact that he was selfish and had reverted back to a teenager instead of being a father figure to us.


I’m typing this in the therapist waiting room (I physically have to be here for it to count as a free session) and my stomach is knots. In efforts to brighten the mood – which I’m not sure is truly possible – I keep playing this video over and over and over.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a tough situation for you, my prayers are with you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please keep us posted, we are all here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Even though I'm in it for a while... ' Beautiful song. You're doing good, M. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete